Joe Francis has had a major change of heart about Madonna … because 4 months ago … he PROMISED he wouldn’t sue if she used the name “Girls Gone Wild” on her album … and TMZ has the footage to prove it.
Back in November, we asked Francis about the then-rumor that Madge titled one of her songs, “Girls Gone Wild” … and Francis happily replied, “I’m excited about that!”
We asked if he was cool with the situation, legally … to which he explained, “I’m REALLY cool with that actually … I’m not going to sue you Madonna … I love you, I love Madonna.”
Fast forward to last night … when Joe once again made it clear he wasn’t going to back down from his new demand that Madge PAY HIM for using the name … because he owns the rights to everything GGW-related, including Girl Gone Wild.
- Madonna Did NOT Change The Name Of Her New Single Girl Gone Wild Because Of Joe Francis! (perezhilton.com)
- Madonna doesn’t even know who Joe Francis is! (popbytes.com)
- Madonna Sued for “Girl Gone Wild” (everyjoe.com)
- Madonna Renames Song “GIRL Gone Wild”; Joe Francis Claims Legal Victory (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Madonna vs. Joe Francis on ‘Girl Gone Wild’ – title fight? (music-mix.ew.com)
- The Truth Behind Madonna’s ‘Girl Gone Wild’ Title Change (huffingtonpost.com)
- Madonna — I Didn’t Change ‘Girls Gone Wild’ Because of Joe Whatshisname (tmz.com)
- Madonna’s management deny bowing to legal threat over Girl Gone Wild (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Girls Gone Wild’ Founder Joe Francis Wants Madonna To Pay Up! (997now.radio.com)
- Madonna Releases New Single ‘Girl Gone Wild’ (Audio) (rightcelebrity.com)