It’s still too soon to make Whitney Houston jokes — at least according to the people at Target, who have decided to pull a greeting card from their shelves that mocks the late singing legend.
The card — available long before Whitney died — pokes fun at the singer’s downward spiral in recent years … “Next time you think of dating the bad boy, consider Whitney Houston.”
The card was kinda funny before she died — but now that Whitney’s gone, Target has decided it’s a tad too offensive … at least for now … and is currently in the process of yanking it from its stores.
A rep for the store tells TMZ, “The card was in our stores prior to Ms. Houston’s death. As soon as this was brought to our attention, we began the process of removing the card from all applicable stores.”
- Whitney Houston — Target Pulls Offensive Greeting Card (tmz.com)
- Target Pulls Offensive Whitney Houston Greeting Card Off Shelves! (hellobeautiful.com)
- Offensive Whitney Houston Greeting Card Yanked Off Shelves At Target (inquisitr.com)
- Offensive Whitney Houston Greeting Card Pulled from Target Stores’ Shelves (celebs.gather.com)
- Rihanna and Jennifer Hudson in the Running for Whitney Houston Biopic [Whitney] (jezebel.com)
- Casting News: Will Rihanna Play Whitney Houston? [PHOTOS] (socialitelife.com)
- Video: The Most Touching Whitney Houston Tributes at the Grammys (popsugar.com)
- Should Rihanna Play Whitney Houston? [Whitney Houston] (jezebel.com)
- Whitney Houston Death Causes Fears Of Grave Robbing (celebs.gather.com)
- Whitney Houston’s Family Members Gather to Say Goodbye (popsugar.com)