On February 24, 2012, Vanity Fair and Richard Mille hosted an exclusive cocktail reception honoring Academy Award–winning director Martin Scorsese at Hotel Bel-Air in support of The Film Foundation.
Guests at the event included honoree Martin Scorsese along with Demian Bichir, Executive Director of the Film Foundation Margaret Bodde, Lorraine Bracco, Vanity Fair Editor-in-Chief Graydon Carter, Jessica Chastain, Patricia Clarkson, Frances Conroy, Sebastian Copeland, Kevin Corrigan, Elizabeth Cotnoir, Danny Huston, Sir Ben Kingsley, Olga Kurylenko, Fran Lebowitz, Ray Liotta, Vanity Fair Publisher Edward Menicheschi, Richard Mille, Kathleen Robertson, Rick Rubin, Howard Shore, Maura Tierney and Pharrell Williams, among others.
- What to do on Friday (variety.com)
- Fur flies in snub of Martin Scorsese’s ‘Hugo’ dog (mnn.com)
- Martin Scorsese’s film school (kottke.org)
- Academy Awards 2012: ‘Bridesmaids’ Bring Martin Scorsese Drinking Game To Oscars (news.moviefone.com)
- Martin Scorsese: ‘Hugo dog Blackie hit by negative campaign’ – video (digitalspy.co.uk)
- Hugo on DVD: Will You Please See it Now?? (aarp.org)
- A Personal Journey with Martin Scorsese Through American Movies (1995) (myfilmviews.com)
- Martin Scorsese: Blackie, The Dog From ‘Hugo,’ Was Not ‘CGI’d’ (news.moviefone.com)
- ‘Hugo’ director Martin Scorsese, cast explain the advantages of shooting movies in 3D (video) (engadget.com)
- BAFTA to fete Martin Scorsese (variety.com)